Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Grizzly Burger


I shall now be forever immortalized via photo on the wall of Rose's Cafe in Healy, Alaska. I tamed the mighty Grizzly Burger, a one pound burger topped with a fried egg, ham, two slices of cheese and tomato. Plus a side of fries. Honestly, it wasn't even hard. That part scares me.

We really didn't do or see much in our first day here. Drove 3-4 hours up from Anchorage to Denali, but it was covered in clouds the whole way and irregular rain. The highlight was the female moose at the salt lick in the back yard of our B&B.

Tomorrow, we've got a 7 a.m. bus ride into Denali National Park. Hopefully, the rain, clouds and wildlife stop disappointing us. I want to see the big mountain. What's the point of Alaska without mountains? Not even the cheesy Sarah Palin T-shirts could salve that pain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I have not seen that much meat in a long time. Glad you were able to handle it Scott!

    ReplyDelete